Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss organisation for children’s aid. Since 1960, Tdh has helped build a better future for vulnerable children and their communities, making an impact with innovative and sustainable solutions. Through our health, protection and emergency relief programmes, we provide assistance to over four million children and their families in more than 40 countries each year.
Terre des hommes is committed to making significant and lasting improvements to the lives of the most vulnerable children worldwide.
Children are the first to suffer in times of war, natural disasters and as a result of poverty. At Terre des hommes, our goal is to steadily improve the conditions of the most vulnerable children worldwide. We are focused on five main objectives:
- Improving the health of children under the age of five and of children in need of specialised medical care
- Protecting migrant children
- Preventing child exploitation
- Promoting restorative justice for children in conflict with the law
- Providing humanitarian aid to children and their families in times of emergency and crisis
Our programmes and projects revolve around:
- Children’s rights and their best interests
- Creating a strong local presence in close proximity to children, their families and communities
- Establishing close cooperation with local bodies based on respect
- Constant improvement and innovation
- Enhancing protection, health and justice systems in the long term
Learn more about Terre des hommes work in the world.
Learn more about our work in Europe.